• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Question on backups from old Plesk to new Plesk

MrMorph

New Pleskian
My host had a hacker that broke into the server and reinstalled my OS wiping my sites.

I was on an earlier version of Plesk, not sure which one as it's all gone now. But I had made and downloaded backups, I have a backup from the end of last month.

I will install Plesk again, but the newer version as I have tried and liked it on another server, as the host's template for the old Plesk no longer works.

So my question is, will older Plesk version backups be able to be installed properly on a newer version of Plesk ?

Thank you.

Old backup can be restored on modern Plesk version, but it would be very useful to know versions of old Plesk server where the backup was created.
If it is really old version like 7.x or 8.x backups should be converted to new format, etc. I would suggest you ask assistance here https://www.plesk.com/professional-services/

Thanks, is there any way to tell from the backup what version it was from ?

I'll give it a go in the meantime.

Back