• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quick Preview - Error 403 nginx

Marcio Nunes

Basic Pleskian
Hi!

Plesk 12.5 Pro Edition linux updated from 11.5, the quick preview dont work.
First, show message to enable nginx. Nginx is ok and enable, quick preview active first option (default).
When click in Preview website:

403 Forbidden
nginx

Any idea for fix the problem?

Thans, Igor, for quick support!

The error persist

results

# plesk repair web
Repairing web server configuration

Reinstall SSL certificates and set the default SSL certificate for all IP addresses? [Y/n] Y
Reinstalling SSL certificates ................................... [OK]
Applying the default SSL certificate to all IP addresses ........ [OK]

Repair server-wide configuration parameters for web servers? [Y/n] Y
Repairing server-wide configuration parameters for web servers .. [OK]

Update the file of sharing passwords and permissions of users according to actual information? [Y/n] Y
Updating the file of sharing passwords and permissions of users
according to actual information ................................. [OK]

Repair web server configuration for all domains? [Y/n] Y
Repairing web server configuration for all domains .............. [OK]

Checking the usage of PHP handlers .................................. [OK]

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

Hello i have exact the same problem Any news on how to resolve it ?
i did 3 clean installs and it happens every single time.

Also i wanted point out that i used Plesk ISO Image ( centos 7 x64 Plesk 12.5) to install.
Install is completed but Website previews dont work.

??

@Peter_R and @Marcio Nunes

What kind of links is the Plesk Panel referring to (just hover over the preview button to see, or use some other method to identify the URL)?

Furthermore, does any of you two use a foreign language, such as French, German, Spanish, Portuguese etc.? (Note: specific languages can cause some problems with links).

Regards.....

hello
I was preparing the server in remote location for deployment so..
i set up the server locally on my subnet and i accessed plesk panel using a laptop on the same subnet
so server ip was 192.168.2.52 computer 192.168.2.10
anyway the link when i was previewing the site was pointing i forget exact path to http://192.168.2.52/plesk-site-preview/domainname.com/192.168.2.52/ something like that
and we getting that error then..

i never figured out why the preview did not work...

but

i deployed the server in server room today

and previews dont work but i dont care now... however it would be nice to fix it

once the server went live i could access these servers from outside and pages displayed correctly, websites work and same domains are access-able .

So conclusion in my case is that something got screwed up with latest plesk 12.5 preview ( previous builds from about 2 months ago worked just fine on local subnet ) and do not work on local subnet and they used to. However they work when accessed from outside internet.

I would think it has to do with plesk own permissions accessing their own folder while trying to do previews.

i attached a pic of Preview Button that was causing issue.
preview.png

Bug, mentioned in KB article is not fixed yet. But as the possible workaround, you can try to add server IP address to /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d/trusted_ips.inc file.

Hi Igor, followed the KB added the ip address.
No more 403 but looking the source code of the page, every resources (css, js, media) is loaded from the internal (natted) url (bottom is the result)

http://aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa/plesk-site-preview/domainname.com/aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa/
instead of http://bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb/plesk-site-preview/domainname.com/aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa/

where aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa is the natted ip and bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb is the public one

2jfio5.jpg

Hi!

Plesk 12.5 Pro Edition linux updated from 11.5, the quick preview dont work.
First, show message to enable nginx. Nginx is ok and enable, quick preview active first option (default).
When click in Preview website:

403 Forbidden
nginx

Any idea for fix the problem?

hi i have same problem in plesk web admin edition with new clean installation server.
i solved it by just Disable Quick Preview and re-enabling Default Quick Preview

Back