• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Ram used

Seagal

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have a dedicate server with 32GB Ram and everyday it use lot of Ram.

31.27 GB *Total*
11.52 GB *Used*
19.74 GB *Free*

How can the server use so much RAM without nothing??
Everyday it use lot of Ram from my HDD.

Are that possible to find out what so use my ram & cleanup.

Regards
Seagal

Hi Janko1000,

I have following:
CentOS 6.6 (Final)
31.27 GB *Total*
11.52 GB *Used* - Today is there 12.09GB used!
19.74 GB *Free* - 19.08 today!

My server stay standby since yesterday for test.

What is this: output from "free -m"?

Hi Seagal,

to investigate issues/problems people will often ask you to run a command over the command line ( shell ) and in response, you should copy&paste the output of such a command in your next post for further investigations. ( use the "insert ... Code" - feature of the forum for such a copy&paste, so that it's easier for people, to read the answer. )

Hi Seagal,

to investigate issues/problems people will often ask you to run a command over the command line ( shell ) and in response, you should copy&paste the output of such a command in your next post for further investigations. ( use the "insert ... Code" - feature of the forum for such a copy&paste, so that it's easier for people, to read the answer. )

Hi UFHH01,
Ah thank you so much for answer :)
Then i will remember that.
Will download putty to my machine :)

I get this when i run free-m on putty!

Mem: 32017 12315 19701 50 204 2960
-/+ buffers/cache: 9150 22866
Swap: 2047 0 2047

Hi Janko,
Thank you for answer :)

Today i have this on the server:

31.27 GB *Total*
11.52 GB *Used* - Today is there 12.46GB used!
19.74 GB *Free* - 18.80 today!

I also see this:
Buffer: 205.46 MB
Cached: 3.15 GB
Usage: 29.77%

What must i do for clean it up?
I only have 32GB ram and it will soon be full i think.

Are you sure that you're not confusing ram with disk space? Unless you have runaway memory-consuming applications running on your server, it doesn't look like your memory usage has deviated much from your first report.

Back