• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Random Operational Errors With WordPress Toolkit on multiple Servers/server hosts and on our dedicated server

daedparrotsoftware

New Pleskian
Username: daedparrotsoftware

TITLE

Random Operational Errors With WordPress Toolkit on multiple Servers/server hosts and on our dedicated server

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian
Web PRO Edition version 18.0.36 on a DEDICATED server
WordPress Toolkit version: 5.5.1-5279
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Dual Xeon 32 Core Processors with 128 G Ram

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I'm having operational problems with WordPress Toolkit UPDATE functions.
Does not matter how many times I try to run an UPDATE scan in WordPress toolkit
there is usually 2 problems:

1) it never finds all the updates on all sites (if I login to sites they DO have updates needed)
[this problem ALWAYS occurs - finds some but NOT all updates needed]
2) it gives errors on updating THEMES on a large number of sites VERY Frequently.

This happens even though ALL THE SITES ARE CLONES of a template site (which DOES update)

It does NOT do this on the same sites every time.
ONLY 6 WP sites on subdomains being managed (note - update scan on 6 sites takes 8 min)

===it shows ERRORS like:

The following errors have occurred while updating WordPress instance #1 ('WEBSITEDOMAIN'): - Unable to update theme 'thrive-theme`2.6.2`1`', details: {NO details]

OR

Unable to update theme THEMENAME from WordPress instance #15 ('WEBSITEDOMAIN'): Asset 'THEMENAME' with version '2.6.1' not found in WordPress instance #15 ('WEBSITEDOMAIN')

OR occasionally (3 times total over 200 Update/Update scan attempts):

Request to backend API failed with error: Request failed with status code 400

MANUALLY logging into the WordPress sites and running Update there works perfectly.
Updating using the WP management plugin MainWP also works perfectly

---

Server:
Plesk Obsidian Web PRO Edition version 18.0.36 on a DEDICATED server
WordPress Toolkit version: 5.5.1-5279
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Dual Xeon 32 Core Processors with 128G Ram 4TB SSD drives

I also already tried detaching website and scan all instances again, but same problem!

We also have the same problem/errors on OTHER servers - 3rd Party hosted such as Hostgateor. Hostm. etc. - with same version of Plesk and the WP Toolkit.

Other people have posted same error
on the forum, but no replies/help offered since June

Sid B.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Go to WP Toolkit
Select ALL WP Sites
Click [Updates] button
Click all sites listed
Click [UPDATE] button

ACTUAL RESULT

1) it never finds all the updates on all sites (if I login to sites they DO have updates needed)
[this problem ALWAYS occurs - finds some but NOT all updates needed]

2) it gives errors on updating THEMES on a large number of sites VERY Frequently.

===it shows ERRORS like:

The following errors have occurred while updating WordPress instance #1 ('WEBSITEDOMAIN'): - Unable to update theme 'thrive-theme`2.6.2`1`', details: {NO details]

OR

Unable to update theme THEMENAME from WordPress instance #15 ('WEBSITEDOMAIN'): Asset 'THEMENAME' with version '2.6.1' not found in WordPress instance #15 ('WEBSITEDOMAIN')

OR occasionally (3 times total over 200 Update/Update scan attempts):

Request to backend API failed with error: Request failed with status code 400

This happens even though ALL THE SITES ARE CLONES of a template site (which DOES update)

It does NOT do this on the same sites every time.
ONLY 6 WP sites on subdomains being managed (note - update scan on 6 sites takes 8-12 min)

After seeing the error:
MANUALLY logging into the WordPress sites and running Update there works perfectly.
Updating using the WP management plugin MainWP also works perfectly

EXPECTED RESULT

All Site Updates needed to be listed
Sites to be updated

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Would like to get updated on the bug/problem & possible solutions

Will also post this on the forum, but so far no one has replied to posts by OTHER people with same problem.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Developers cannot reproduce the issues on a test server. They suppose the issues can be related to paid themes/plugins. We fixed some issues related to updating of paid themes/plugins: EXTWPTOOLK-7223, EXTWPTOOLK-4445
To understand the root cause, access to the server is required. So, I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team.

Back