• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

RBL List?? Trend Micro

V

viruseater

I'm a little confused and frankly dissapointed in this situation.

In the control panel, in the mail settings there is an entry for using "Enable support for Trend Micro RBL+ Service".

This is a problem. First, Trend Micro will absolutely NOT work on any Plesk server 8.X according to their engineers. They state That due to the way Plesk works with this installation of Qmail it cannot work.

I tested this by signing up for a temporary account and installing the activation code+ the URL. After 24 hours I reviewd the charts and according to the results it was working fine. When looking at the logs for plesk (and basing this on my spam intake in my local account) there was no blocking at all going on.

I researched this further by contacting their engineering department. This is the response I got:

---
Hello JT,

I just checked the DNS logs in our of our DNS servers and your server is only looking for TXT records.

1166508993 64.34.160.92 88.117.81.218.SBJYTV73Y9EDITED.r.mail-abuse.com TXT IN: NOERROR/1/210/9

>look ZHBLB | grep -c " A IN"

See, your server is not looking for A records.

Our NRS graphs are just looking for any lines that match "NOERROR" instead of making sure it is "A IN: NOERROR".

I sent you a test email that your server should block, but it didn't.

1166509287 64.34.160.92 14.4.61.168.SBJYTV73Y9CF87BWUKUY6RAZE5ZHBLB.r.mail-abuse.com TXT IN: NXDOMAIN/0/141/8

So, the graph is showing you entries, but your server is not really blocking anything.
----

There were numerous emails, efforts, and even conference calls with Trend Micro. It is not possible for Plesk 8.x to work at all with Trend Micro

So my question is two fold.

1. how can this be corrected so it can work?
2. Why do you offer options for things that absolutely do not work?

Back