• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Really, I just can't understand the restore procedure

R

rick.pri

Hi I've been working with Plesk 7 and 8 over the past few years and have just recently started to investigate migration from one server to another that may come with some version of Plesk 9 on it.

Now the tools in versions 7 and 8 were a separate backup and restore utility, which don't seem to be present in version 9.5 which I am testing. The problem is that, even though I have read through the docs here, they seem to imply that you have to manually set up the domains and clients, rather than that happening automatically as part of the restore process.

I just wanted to start the restore GUI and select the file, do a select all and leave the process to restore, is this not possible anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming I have to upload the file into the server repository, as that page is blank.

Unfortunately I got an error trying to do that.

Error Summary
HTTP Error 404.13 - Not Found
The request filtering module is configured to deny a request that exceeds the request content length.
Detailed Error Information
Module RequestFilteringModule
Notification BeginRequest
Handler Plesk_Handler_04136158
Error Code 0x00000000
Requested URL https://localhost:8443/plesk.php/server/backup/local-repository/upload/
Physical Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\plesk.php\server\backup\local-repository\upload\
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined

Back