• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Reconfigurator Error: Invalid Network Adapter Name

flacodirt

New Pleskian
I took an image of a configured Plesk 11 server and deployed the image to a new server (new hardware and IPs).

The goal now is to reconfigure Plesk on the new server to use the new IP addresses.

I open the PP Reconfigurator, and select "Change server IP addresses".

PP Reconfigurator

Select the IP addresses to be changed:

IP Address: 10.0.0.1
Interface: "PrivateNetwork"

[x] Existing address

Select the new IP address:

IP Address: 10.0.0.2
Interface: "PrivateNetwork-Teamed"

I select the first IP, select the Existing address to change it to, Click Next and receive the following error:

Error:

Invalid network adapter name: "PrivateNetwork"

I imagine the issue is that it is trying to change the network card "PrivateNetwork" while that no longer exists on the server. I searched the registry for just "PrivateNetwork" and I dont see any old Plesk entries, so I assume this is in the plesk database somewhere.

The original server was configured with 2 network cards, named PublicNetwork and PrivateNetwork.

Old Server:

PrivateNetwork = 10.0.0.1

PublicNetwork = 192.168.0.1

The new server has Teamed Network Cards, and shows up as the following:

New Server:

PrivateNetwork-A
PrivateNetwork-B
PrivateNetwork-Teamed = 10.0.0.2

PublicNetwork-A
PublicNetwork-B
PublicNetwork-Teamed = 192.168.0.2

How can I reconfigure Plesk IPs on a new server with differently named network cards using the Reconfiguration Tool?

Last edited:
SOLUTION: Actually, just renaming the "PrivateNetwork-Teamed" network card to just "PrivateNetwork" allowed the tool to work.

Back