• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Redirect email alias to local script for handling.

J

JZMatrix

I'm trying to find a semi-easy way to create a mail alias via Plesk and then configure qmail to direct any mail destined for that alias/mailbox to a script (that I'm writing) on the local server to be processed accordingly.

On postfix/sendmail systems with /etc/aliases this is a trivial configuration item, but I'm not sure of how to accomplish this with qmail. I'm also worried that Plesk will decide to overwrite any manually edited config file on a whim and cripple my email processing system once it's gone production.

Any ideas?

I'm trying to do somethign similar I tried creating an alias in /var/qmail/alias

file called .qmail-somealias

with 1 line in the file like:

|/path/to/my/script.sh

but its not working. Running the script.sh with terminal works fine.

any thoughts?

as far as I understand qmail/alias/.qmail-somename will work only if message recipient is somename@hostname

if you need alias be used for some specific domain, you need to handle it through file qmail/mailnames/domain.com/.qmail-somename, i.e. the same way as plesk configures mailman mail lists addresses..

thanks for the reply.. I made a little progress with this last night before reading your post.

I was messing with
qmail/mailnames/mydomain.com/test/.qmail

It is closer to working but I think there is a permission issue (I guess with my script). Even set at 777 it still fails.

I get the following error returned via email:

preline: fatal: unable to run /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/test/test.php: access denied

test.php is set to:
myusr/psacln

my .qmail file looks like this:

| preline /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/test/test.php
| true
&[email protected]

Should the user/group be set to something else? Should I not be using preline? anyone know whats up?

Thanks

Back