• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Redis in docker act as a not persisted cache

MaartenW

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.56
Hello, I have installed the Redis instance in Docker, but I want to edit the configuration so it only runs in RAM instead of disk. But I cannot find a configuration file for redis. Does anyone know how to configure that?

Thank you for your answer, but I cannot find a solution for this question there. The Redis instance runs ok, but in I cannot find a way to configure it to use it a memory only cache instead of it writing to disk. You can configure this in the redis .config file, but I cannot find this anywhere.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your question. In turn I think you probably misunderstand what Redis actually is and what it does. The Redis website explains it as:
Redis is an in-memory but persistent on disk database, [...] data served from memory, disk used for storage.

Meaning that Redis keeps datasets entirely in memory, but also writes those to disk for storage (to be persistent). There is no additional configuration needed to store data in memory, because thats what Redis does by default.

I'm also interested in this topic. I only want to use the RAM (but not the disk).

The default-setting of Redis is the snapshotting, where the RAM is written on the disk: Redis persistence

But through the redis.conf (redis/redis.conf at unstable · redis/redis), it is possible to deactivate that snapshotting:
# Snapshotting can be completely disabled with a single empty string argument
# as in following example:
#
# save ""

Is there an option, when Redis is installed via Plesk's docker-extension, to disable this snapshotting via the Plesk-interface?

I found the following - but it doesn't work (setting for the environment variables):
REDIS_ARGS --save 86400 1

Are there maybe similiar approaches that work?

Back