• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Reject Mail

MadeleineM

New Pleskian
Hi - please can you advise on setting "Reject" for mail prefixes which do not exist. Up til now I have sent all these to a mail account and set the spam filter sensitivity to 1. Is it better just to reject - I thought if you reject mail then it goes back to the sender and your server gets blacklisted for spam email. I think though it may not be sent back and may simple be deleted - but if this is the case how can the following be true (taken from Plesk help) : Reject silently rejects the mail without accepting it. This setting can decrease mail server load caused by a large amount of spam, which is often directed at randomly generated user names. However, this might be useful to spammers because scanning your mail server for valid e-mail addresses will speed up in such a case. Any advice would be great - thanks

Back