• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Relay access denied

Jayson

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

An update ran early this morning, 11.0.9 Update #29, last updated at Dec 11, 2012 04:04 AM

Now everyone sending email is getting Server error: '554 5.7.1 Relay access denied

Anyone else getting this? Any idea how to fix it?

Thank you,

Looks like b.barracudacentral.org started rejecting everybody.... :p

Removed the entry and it's working now.

Guess I should test this more. It's still rejecting with Relay access denied errors. after I removed barracuda link I started seeing spamhaus so I disabled the entire spam protection with no difference.

The solution was to reinstall Postfix. The only change to the system I know of was a Micro Update installing prior to this problem. Anyone else have MU cause issues?

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=262377
(it's not related with relay access denied, but you could face with this problem)

Also, sometimes, try to investigate issue more deeper, not just reinstalling services.

Anyway, my clients and I were getting "relay access denied" on Outlook/other programs when there were no checkbox on outgoing server - it must require authentication. After you've checked that authentication, problem solved!

Thanks for the update. I had seen this article but I don't believe it was related to the server-wide mail settings. "authorization is required" was selected as was the SMTP after it. I did un-select and re-select in case that was the problem, with no difference. It was working fine before the MU had ran and no changes were made.

Just glad it's working again. However it's not the first time something has broke after a MU has installed.

Hello,

I have this problem with one domain in plesk 11.5.30 MU 30, Debian 7.x, Postfix (I tested more domains on the server but I have only one domain with the problem) If I create a mailbox and send a mail I receive the "Relay access denied" error. If I change the password for one domain it does not work.... It is possible to rebuild the configuration of the mail for just one domain (Linux) ?

UPDATE: I migrate the domain to another server. Still the problem.

UPDATE 2: I run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam Still the problem

UPDATE 3: Under the client´s control panel In mail, under "change configuration" you can check or uncheck if the domain can receive mail. Seems that the client uncheck this option so the mail was rejected. Checked it again and fixed.

Wish it helps for the future.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back