• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Remote Desktop Issues

A

AbdullahN

Hi everyone,

I just started using Parallels Plesk 9.5 to manage my new website. I have some questions regarding managing the site through RDP. I tried using the Help Desk available on the panel but I haven't received any response. I hope some help is provided here. Here is the problem:

I used my ftp credentials provided to log in to the server using Windows (XP) Remote Desktop application (not the one provided on Plesk control panel cause it were giving issues). I logged in successfully but the first thing I noted about my desktop as well as the major developer applications installed was that I didn't have permission to use them. I am working on an ASP.Net site (2.0) where I will be using tools like SQL Server Management and Visual Studio for development. I noted that these are both installed on the server but are inaccessible. I even cannot use the IIS manager (inetmgr) to check the various site configuration settings.

So, I was wondering if you guide me through to how access the above applications. If these are not "for us" then can you please let me know if I can set/check IIS settings from the portal control panel (settings like "default startup document" for site or "Application Mappings" to insert wildcards).

Thanks for your help in advance.
Abdullah

No Replies!!!

So anyways, I am still trying to figure out why I can't use Win XP's RDP to change my IIS settings on the server. Meanwhile, using Firefox, Opera and IE I tried to "Remote Desktop" (on Parallels Plesk Panel) my way in only to receive this error (Firefox and Opera):

net.propero.rdp.RDesktopException
Wrong modulus size! Expected64+8got264

Is this fixable? I mean, atleast I should be able to use the built in RDP. Hope anyone has an idea.

Thanks
Abdullah

The links didn't help

I have tried the links but as I mentioned earlier, I am able to connect through Windows RDP (mstsc) but the issue is when I try the Remote Desktop option in the Plesk panel I am returned with the error above.

I suppose I will have to use the options/buttons available in the Panel to configure different website settings rather than use RDP. I just cannot seem to find an option to set a default page for my site. I understand the default document is index.htm/index.html.

What if I want to change this to something like main.aspx or default.aspx.

Regards,
Abdullah

Back