• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Remove automatic name server record generation

m4tt

New Pleskian
Hi all,
New member, first question so please be gentle.

I am running Plesk 12 on a Windows 2012R2 server. The person who migrated the server from our old 2008 running Plesk7 just named the new one Plesk12. Now whenever any change is made to DNS settings on the panel it re-writes the zone file and includes a name server record for Plesk12. which, obviously, cannot be legitimate. Is there a way to reconfigure Plesk to not generate this automatic record or do I need to rename the box? Would renaming the box even work or would I need to migrate to a new box given a valid FQDN before installing Plesk again?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice,

Try to go Tools&Settings->Server Settings and rename your Plesk server hostname there. I hope it will help.

Back