• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Remove SSL certificate by terminal command

Penge58

New Pleskian
Hello

I accindentally installed a wrong SSL certificate to PLESK via GUI and now I am unable to get into Plesk Panel.
I get an error from the browser saying that the SSL certificate is wrong.

I belive I can remove the certificate via terminal but I dont understand how.
I have read the documentation for certificate admin but I don't quite understand it.

I need someone to tell me how to find the name of the certificate via terminal and the command for have it removed.

Thank you

Petter

Thank you again.
It worked like a charm.

I must say that the support here on the forum is the best I have seen. And I've been to a few.
Very quick and very precise. Thank you very much.
The same goes for PLESK technical support.

But I have an additional question.
I have got the ISP to make a clean installation of my debian/Linux VPS.
I installed Plesk again and also Prestashop which I am working on.
All works fine so far.
However when I got a new installation of the VPS they also gave me a new IP address for the server.
I had already bought a SSL certificate for my first installation.
Is it so that I need to buy a new one now that the IP address has changed ? The old certificate which is in my pool at Plesk will not longer work ?

Thank you in advance

Petter

I have got the ISP to make a clean installation of my debian/Linux VPS.
I installed Plesk again and also Prestashop which I am working on.
All works fine so far.
However when I got a new installation of the VPS they also gave me a new IP address for the server.
I had already bought a SSL certificate for my first installation.
Is it so that I need to buy a new one now that the IP address has changed ? The old certificate which is in my pool at Plesk will not longer work ?
The certificate is not tied to any specific IP address. It is issued to a fully qualified domain name such as www.comodo.com, which can be resolved to different IP addresses.

Back