• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Removed mail account still exists

Raba

New Pleskian
We have made a curious observation. I would like to describe it in the following.

Mail addresses were set up in a domain under Plesk. Some of them have forwarding addresses to other local mail addresses.

If one of these local addresses is deleted from Plesk, it will also disappear from the list of forwarding addresses. This is fine. But internally the address seems to still exist, because if you write to the main address, you get the error message "Sorry, the mail address does not exist". So it still tries to deliver mail to an address that is no longer in the forwarding list. It is as if it is still invisible in the forwarding list. But since it no longer exists as a real mail address in Plesk, this error message appears.

Is this a bug?

What Plesk version and OS are you using?

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my server. In my case local mail address added to the forward list aren't removed from the list when they are removed from Plesk. These are the steps I took to try reproduce you issue.

1) Create an mailbox, enable email forwarding on mailbox and added local mail addresses to the forward list (one from same domain, one from other local domain)
2) Remove one of the mailboxes listed in the forward list.
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-14 om 20.23.22.png

Result after I removed mailbox: mail address is still listed in forward list:
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-14 om 20.24.35.png

Can you confirm I followed the right steps? Or did I miss something?

Thank you. Your video confirms the steps I had taken previously. Some how when I tried again this time deleting a mailboxes it does get removed from the forward list. So I've got that sorted :)

I don't however get an error/bounce message when I send an email to the mailbox with forward address specified. Nor are there any errors in my mail log. So it might be a specific issue with your setup or server. You could contact Plesk support so they can figure out the specific issue. Or you could submit detailed a bug report.

Back