• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Renaming index.html to index.php results in File not Found.

I've recorded a little session: Aufnahme #2
create a new domain
add index.html and edit
test
rename index.html to index.php
test again, fail
rename back
test, works
rename index.html to index.php
test. failed
test with /index.php. failed

After activating PHP ...

H02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /var/www/vhosts/system/qr.sbw.media/php-fpm.sock (*) failed
AH01079: failed to make connection to backend: httpd-UDS
The problem is likely not the file extension but PHP. Check these:
- Is the web server proxying, meaning using Nginx as a proxy and Apache as the main server? Have you selected PHP-FPM via Apache in that case?
- Is the web server Nginx only? Have you selected PHP-FPM via Nginx in that case?
- Is the corresponding PHP service actually running? If this is a new server and PHP has never been used on it, it may be necessary to select PHP and start the corresponding PHP service afterwards, it may no be online.

Thats interesting. Which PHP handler is used?

Edit: peter beat me to it.

Last edited:
Also, maybe try restarting the PHP-FPM handler (if thats the PHP handler being used): # service plesk-php74-fpm restart

Another thing to try:
  • Switch to a different PHP handler (eg. 8.0)
  • Then, switch back to the original handler

Changing any of the PHP settings does not solve this problem really. But than I than, did not wait for the 60 minutes...

Btw. the effect I recorded yesterday, today did allow switching back and forth between index.html and index.php. So I suppose this is some sort of caching anomaly. What can I tell my hosters support?

(Btw. Why the delay of 60min? I have another hoster using Plesk as well an there switching is almost instantaneous. Does this have something todo with performance of hardware, or cronjobs for Plesk?)

You can change the 60 minutes delay:

- Open Tools & Settings -> Apache Web Server Settings
- Change the Apache restart interval
- Check if Apache graceful restart is active

I always use a 60 seconds delay.

Back