• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue renaming main domain doesn't rename the subscription folder

ESTUGO

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62 Update 2
Hi there,
I got a curious situation. Normally, when you rename the main domain of a subscription, Plesk automatically renames the folder within /var/www/vhosts/ accordingly. But this didn't happen. The folder name stayed the same, as the domain name was before. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Because of this, Plesk doesn't add a new folder, when I create a domain or subdomain.
For context, the subscription was migrated from an older Plesk server to a new one before I tried to rename the main domain. The old server had Cent OS 7.9 but a recent Plesk version.

Hello, please look at the logs, maybe some errors can prevent folder renaming. Also, I think it's a good idea to repair the domain "plesk repair all example.com"

"plesk repair all example.com" sadly didn't help or do anything, there where no errors. I found this in the Plesk panel log:
251743:667d1eea2125e ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/usermng' '--mod-user' '--old-user=user1' '--new-user=user1' '--homedir=/var/www/vhosts/user1.example.com'] with exit code [8]
251743:667d1eea2125e ERR [panel] '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/usermng' '--mod-user' '--old-user=user1' '--new-user=user1' '--homedir=/var/www/vhosts/user1.example.com' failed with code 8.

stdout:

stderr:
usermod: user user1 is currently used by process 233036

251743:667d1eea2125e ERR [panel] Unable to rename home of sysuser with id=4: Unable to execute usermng: usermod: user user1 is currently used by process 233036

Is it save to try /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/usermng '--mod-user' '--old-user=user1' '--new-user=user1' '--homedir=/var/www/vhosts/user1.example.com' again or do I mess the plesk configuration up with that?

Thank you for your answer. I was not quit, what I needed, but may have helped. I followed your workaround until step 5 "Rename the domain in question." But then I did things differently.
I renamed the folder /var/www/vhosts/oldname.example.com to /var/www/vhosts/oldname.example.com2, then changed the subscription domain from newname.example.com to oldname.example.com to match the original domain. In the process Plesk created a new folder with the name /var/www/vhosts/oldname.example.com, so renamed it to /var/www/vhosts/oldname.example.com_new. Afterward I renamed the original subscription folder from /var/www/vhosts/oldname.example.com2 back to /var/www/vhosts/oldname.example.com. Now I was able to rename the subscription as normal and the subscription directory under vhosts was also renamed correctly.

The topic can be closed and marked as solved.

Back