• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Replace Qmail?

P

panizzon

Hi all

In the ISP scene and from my own experience qmail is known as a massive ressource killer and also known to DOS other Servers. (Mainly because it sends emails one by one instead of using batches like all other mailservers, so if you mainly operate mailinglists this results in DOSing your AntiSpam Infrastructure).

Also qmail is known to often send queued bounces as reply to spam mail.

My favourite MTA still is sendmail in combination with MIMEDefang, ClamAV and SpamAssassin.

Is there a way to replace qmail by sendmail? Or has the plesk qmail been patched against the well know qmail issues?

-Benoit-

Checkout spamdyke.org

It's a cool antispam software for qmail.

Nightduke

panizzon: qmail is patched, all right, but I'm not sure if any of these patches solves the problems you've described.

As to replacing qmail... well, I believe it might be possible in theory, since Plesk manages qmail's configs with only one (AFAIK) utility -- /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng. you just need to create your own to update sendmail's configs according to info from Plesk database.

If anything goes out of this -- I would very appreciate it if you write a HOWTO :)

Back