• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Replication in 'default' folder

Z

zamarax

So, I've searched high and low for this one and I can't come up with any answers, we have no backup system installed for our plesk however inside the VHOST folder when I RDP onto the server I see some numbered folders

htdocs
statistics
.Security
<-- this one is a file,

in the numbered folders there is backups or replications of the other domains normally included in those vhosts, now normally this woldn't be a problem except some of these websites are video websites and doubling the data really starts to eat disk space... My question is, does anyone know why these folders were created? and are they safe to remove?

We have Windows Server 2003 with Plesk 8.2

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

These are the folders that are used by iis ftp server as home folders for ftp sites.
You can check it using IIS management console.

They contain ntfs links to the actual domains location, for example: %plesk_vhosts%\19835\localuser\ftp_user_name -> %plesk_vhosts%\domain_name

The doubling of data do not occur because it is just links inside.

Do not remove these folders because it will cause domain's data removing.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for this information, at least now I know and I can make sure those folders are never deleted!

Back