• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Repository for PHP 7.2 missing

RPD

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Repository for PHP 7.2 missing

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Onyx 17.5, CentOS 7.9, Intel x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Since 6 November 2024 we're getting the following error from the Plesk Update Manager:

2024-09-08 03:30:04 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']
2024-09-08 03:30:04 ERROR: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from PLESK_17_PHP72: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PHP72_17/dist-rpm-CentOS-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
2024-09-08 03:30:04 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Wait for the email "Package Update Manager notification" from Plesk Update Manager.

ACTUAL RESULT

Above error message is shown. Updates don't work any longer.

EXPECTED RESULT

No error message, even if there aren't any new updates for PHP 7.2.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The repository for PHP 7.2 has obviously been deleted from your servers. We know that PHP 7.2 has reached end of life, but some of our customers still depend on it. So even if there aren't any new updates for PHP 7.2, you shouldn't delete the repository from your servers. This even breaks any other updates on the server.

So could you please restore the repository on your servers? Thank you!

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

The whole installation directory is gone. Can you change the repo to the archive?
https://autoinstall-archives.plesk.com

@RPD sorry, just want to confirm that Plesk Onyx was not pointed by mistake as it's been deprecated back in 2021. Also, I would like to double-check if you have the "TuxCare Extended Lifecycle Support" extension. Thank you in advance.

Hello and sorry for the late reply. I haven't been notified by email despite having checked that option. Don't know if it's been filtered as spam. Now back to the problem.

@Maarten Thank you very much for the suggestion. I haven't tried that but could of course change the repo to the archive. I think you're right, that should be the best solution to our problem.

@Sebahat.hadzhi Yes, we know Plesk Onyx is deprecated for a while now and there are no new updates for it. We were just wondering why the corresponding PHP repo has been removed. But okay, if there is an archive, we can use just that instead. We have a license for the Extended Lifecyle Support Program, but it seems that the "TuxCare Extended Lifecycle Support" extension doesn't work for Plesk Onyx. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Apologies for the delayed response. You are absolutely correct, the extension is applicable to Obsidian only. The issue with the missing repository should be fixed now. If you still encounter any issues, please do let us know.

Back