• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Resellers and Clients cannot see Scheduled Incremental Backup

SeanK

New Pleskian
According to `docs.plesk.com` the following is true:
Your customers granted with the permission to use the backup and restore facilities can back up and restore their own account settings and websites through the Customer Panel. Your customers, resellers and your resellers’ customers will find shortcuts to their backup repositories in their Customer Panel (Websites & Domains > Backup Manager).

Plesk users are able see the role of a user who created a backup (administrator, customer, or reseller) in the backup tasks list (Tools & Settings > Backup Manager). This allows customers to differentiate between the backups they created by themselves and technical backups of their subscription. The technical backups happen when administrators or resellers back up customer subscriptions as a part of a larger backup. For example, when the Plesk administrator creates a server-level backup, all customer subscriptions are backed up as well, and they are displayed to the customers as subscription backups created by the administrator.
The key line I am reading is "When the plesk administrator creates a server-level backup, all customer subscriptions are backed up as well and they are displayed to the customers as subscription backups created by the administrator".

I have a server-wide incremental backup configured with the storage set as a Custom S3 storage and it's scheduled to run daily, I have allowed the following permissions to the reseller via the Reseller Package and I have confirmed the reseller is sync'd:
  • Backup and restoration of subscription data using the server storage
  • Backup and restoration of subscription data using remote storage
  • Backup and restoration of account data using the server storage
  • Backup and restoration of account data using remote storage

I have made sure the reseller has allowed those same permissions to the customer and that those are synced, however if I login as the admin user and go to any subscription under the reseller and find a given domain, it shows the following:
15.45.14-03.01.21.png

As you can see, it clearly shows old backups and none of the new backups, however this specific domain CAN be found in the Backup Manager under Tools and Settings as the Administrator. As follows:
15.46.37-03.01.21.png

This is what I would expect to see under the Reseller's Client when I go to the Backup Manager for that specific domain.
Would anyone have any ideas as to why they are not seeing the same backups as the administrator sees even though the documentation says they should?
It's worth noting that as the administrator I can restore these backups just fine when the client asks me to do so.

Kindest Regards,
Seán K.

Back