• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resetting directory and file ownership.

K

kieranjones

Hello,

I am having a bit of a problem, I had uploaded a file as root into a subdomain of a website I host using SSH and needed to change the ownership of the file so that the owner of the website could replace the file with his own updated version.

Problem is when I issues the command to change ownership of everything in the directory to that users login I was in the wrong directory.

I ran "chown -R ddt *" in the subdomains directory under the virtual host directory, ie. instead of "/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/subdomain" I did it in "/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains"

Now the file ownership is all a bit crazy, is there a quick easy way of repairing this back to how it should be? There are in excess of 100 subdomains in the domain...

Silly me is all I can say, but I guess mistakes happen. Your help would be great :)

Back