• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resources, cpu, memory, etc

PedroN

Regular Pleskian
Can anyone explain me how can I set a limit of cpu or some ram resources for my webs?
I have seen the option group of applications iss, it seems like an option to limit the cpu but I do not really know how does it work, I mean If I activate it and write a % in the maximun cpu usage, when I that web increases the cpu what will happen? I will the server will give an error? it simply delay more time? what will happen?

Plesk manipulates web sites in IIS using IIS tools. IIS can control some resources consumed by web sites using application pools. Each site in IIS is created on specific application pool. By default Plesk creates web sites in common application pool. If you want to enable resource limit for a domain then you need to enable dedicated application pool for subscription in Plesk CP. Current Plesk design allows to enable dedicated application pool only per subscription. And allows to set limit only for CPU usage. When Plesk sets a limit this limit is set up in IIS in fact. And IIS gets responsible to further behavior. You can read more about it in Microsoft documentation.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc745955.aspx
Table 2. IIS 7.0 Application Pool CPU Settings

And if I simply go to the domain I want to limit the cpu, going to the option of websites and domains, and then to option group of applications iss, and specify a cpu limit, will it be a dedicated pool for that domain?
I have another question.
What are the differences between activate and start. And what will happen if I click recycle button?

1. You need to "Switch On" the application pool (it will create dedicated application pool in IIS)
2. Then set up CPU limit.

Switch On - creates the pool
Stop/Start - stops and starts existing application pool
Recycle is similar to stop/start sequence.

For more details what is the recycle and other IIS features you can know at Microsoft web site.

Back