• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Rest API Add Domain Gets Bad Request

Brandon Turpin

Basic Pleskian
I am calling the Plesk Rest API endpoint for my Plesk Server. When I call it from Postman it works just fine, so I know the request data and endpoint are working, but when I call it from my C# Code, I get a response that it was a Bad Request. I am adding the Accept and Content headers ("application/json").

I can not figure out why the endpoint is getting bad request or what causes it? When I get domain(s) it works just fine. Only get the bad request on the post

I know this is not the place for code help, but here is my C# code if it helps anyone figure out what is missing

C#:
using (var client = new HttpClient())
{
    var url = $"{PleskUrl}/domains";
    client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Accept.Add(new MediaTypeWithQualityHeaderValue("application/json"));
    client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Add("Authorization", $"Basic {PleskBasicLogin}");

var stringContent = new StringContent(JsonConvert.SerializeObject(request), Encoding.UTF8, "application/json");
    var apiResponse = await client.PostAsync(url, stringContent);
}

Back