• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue REST API - Create Customer

gManNAtl

New Pleskian
I am working on an application to utilize the REST API and can't POST to the clients endpoint. I quit with my app and just went to the playground to test and it doesn't work there either. I simply get a 500 error either way. However, in the playground I can see a body message with error 1002 which seems to indicate the user already exists??

I have modified the playground JSON object as it doesn't seem like on a POST I should be passing in an id and guid value. The only required fields per the documentation are name, email, logon, and account type (although it seems password should be required as well). Even after modifying this in every variation I still get the 500 error. I even went into the PSA database to see if the dummy users I was testing with were created, but they were not there or in the gui.

All other endpoints work fine, and I can POST to domains for example with no problems, and all of the GETS work fine (or at least the ones I've tried).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
I ran into this issue too. For me at least it turns out that the password complexity wasn't high enough when creating a new client. The API doesn't give helpful response. Pretty nasty bug. Hope this helps you!

Hello,
Thank you for drawing our attention to it! This improvement was reported as EXTREST-114.
Please try creating customer with more complex password.

Back