• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore Database through plesk PHPMyAdmin

M

MahmoudS

Hello
We lost our VM so the provider provide new one with information + mounted content at /mnt/1
linux+plesk

i copy all of the website content from mnt to new VM same address :
var/www/vhosts/ourdomain/httpdocs/website content is HERE
just same the old one was...

also i can found our previously DATABASE backup file at this address at the mounted directory:
/mnt/1/var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/ourdoman.com/Here! tgz files database

how can i restore that database backup through plesk and phpmyadmin to get back website working again?!
and isthere anything else i should managed to get website working?

thank you very much in advance

Hey,

There are a couple different options depending on the site of the database you're trying to restore.

Through phpMyAdmin:
1) Recreate the database through Plesk
2) Download the tar file and untar it
3) Open the SQL backup file through a text editor
4) Then copy that info into the "SQL" tab within phpMyAdmin from the database you're trying to restore.

If you're dealing with a large database, you're better off doing this via the command line:
1) Recreate database through Plesk
2) Untar the database backup file using something like this: tar -zxvf yourfile.tar.gz
3) Locate the SQL backup file and run a command similar to this: mysql -u *username* -p -h localhost *databasename* < backup.sql (replacing the username, database and SQL file with yours)

Hope this helps!

Back