• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Restore Dropbox backup on new server

Anders Yuran

New Pleskian
Hi!

I have today have a total meldown on my server. I need to get the webshop up and running as fast as possible. I have a backup at my dropbox account. I installed the dropbox extension on my new VPS and connected it to my dropbox.

But the restore fail because the extension seems to see that the backup is made on another server. It say I should use pleskrestore with ignore-sign option.

How do I do this. I understand that is SSH but I have no clue which directory I should be in or where I should upload the backup file

Please help!

Anders Yuran
Plesk Onyx on Centos 7.3

Hi Anders Yuran,

pls. note that Plesk provides a pretty good documentation and you can therefore find all possible options for the command "pleskrestore" here:

=> pleskrestore: Restoration from Backup ( For Plesk Onyx )

If you have further questions to the documentation and the usage with the "pleskrestore" - utility, pls. don't hesitate to ask them and pls. don't forget to include possible error messages from your command line, or/and include corresponding entries from your log - files. ;)

I think it doesn't matter, WHERE you upload the backup - file, as long that you specify the correct path in your "pleskrestore" - command.

Back