• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Restore from Plesk 8 to 9, problems?!

D

Dirky

Hi,
2 days ago during 'routine' maintenance the company who host my root server screwed up, they had to re-image several servers for whatever reason!

Anyway, top and bottom of it is I have a backup file but it is not being recognised. I think I was on Plesk 8.0 when I took the backups.

I'm pretty sure they were done as 'domain' backups via the plesk CP.

So I uploaded the file and ran the command:-

/usr/local/psa/bin/pre9-backup-convert -v convert --directory=/var/lib/psa/dumps/ /root/mydomainbackup_file

This seems to work and I end up with several files nested below /var/lib/psa/dumps/domain/mydomain/

However, when I go to the new control panel I see my backup there with a red X and next to it

"The file is not a valid backup file."

I'm not sure where to go from here, does anybody have any suggestions?

Many thanks

Mike

Same my problem , I don't know how's exactly and what's the Plesk backup file is converted althought my path of Plesk backup is set OK . Any solutions ?

Back