• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restoring backup

D

Dataphone

Hi,

anyone had this problem?

I have 2 servers. Both use the same IP net and I want to take the backup taken on the old server that completed successfully and restore it on the new server.

The problem is that when ever I try to restore the file to the new server I get an error stating that " archive don't contain file 'xxxxxxx' " How is it possible that the backup states all is fine but the restore cannot find the files??

On the old server I am running Plesk for windows 7.0.2_build040921.10 and on the new one I am running Plesk for windows 7.0.3_build041216.02
Both servers run windows 2003 standard server.

Seems the real problem actually is that the backup stores information about some mysql databases and there are no databases. Therefore when running restore the restore soft tries to restore the databases. (But there are noone??)

How come it tries to backup empty mysql database directories?

Now we have managed to find out that if you create a domain/customer and activates mysql for them the backup system tries to back that database up. Problem is there are no database there. Therefore the restore system cannot it.

We've solved it by adding a database/table for the customers that have thsi activated. Then the restore seem to work flawless. Strange behavior I think.

Back