• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

restoring domains

W

webrebel

Welp, my server has been compromised and my datacenter is going to reload the OS, (RH ES3 Plesk 7.5.1)

I have backed up all the domains to a remote FTP server in the Plesk GUI, my question is what is the best way to restore? I'm thinking of adding the clients back, then add each domain with no hosting and setup the backup in each to recognize the ftp server, then do a restore. Sound feasible?

jeez...no answers huh? Well I feel like I'm on the dark side of the moon at the moment...server is down, waiting for OS reload to finish.

The good news is most clients are understanding of the situation. If I don't bring them back real soon I'm sure that could turn into an angry mob.... ;)

5 hours into OS reload. 3 hours ago they said all they had to do was install PLESK....that's the last I heard. Called and they said there was a problem installing Plesk...garsh. Imagine them having a problem with installing Plesk.... :rolleyes: no way :eek:

The best way would be to mount the compromised hard-disk as secondary and copy across Plesk data. 3hrs for a Plesk install is a bit over the top for experts - you sure this isn't theplanet? They seem less intelligent than monkeys most of the time.

Back