• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Restoring selected objects from backup causes download of large (unnecessary?) files

philbit

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

When restoring "Selected objects" using the backup manager, I noticed that Plesk starts downloading large and imho unnecessary data from the backup (stored on an FTP server).

For example, I tried to restore only the DNS zones for a particular domain. However, the restore was taking a suspiciously long time for such a small amount of data, so I checked and saw that Plesk was downloading ALL the "domains/{domainname}/backup_{kind}_{date}.tgz" files from the FTP server for the domain I selected, including files that have potentially tens of Gigabytes of data, like those with kind=domainmail or kind=apache-files. This happened even though I selected nothing else than the DNS zones (which I believe are not stored in these files).

Is there any way to prevent this? It takes way too much bandwidth and time... Or, if not, what is the best way to raise this issue? It is not really a feature request, but it seems easy enough to fix for a potentially huge efficiency gain.

Cheers,
Philip

Back