• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Retention of the domain when forwarding to an external site

Individuum92

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.56 Update #4
Hello everyone,

I need to redirect the page www.test1.de to www.test2.de (different networks - the two web servers have nothing to do with each other).
However, the address line should still show www.test1.de.
On the page www.test2.de only some results are displayed, so that no interactive clicks are carried out here.

How do I set this? Is there a function for this in Plesk, or do I have to work with a .htaccess?

Many thanks!

A couple of ways of doing this if you want to keep it showing test1.de. Change the hosting settings type to Forwarding with forwarding type as "Frame forwarding" or, if possible assuming you have directly access to the other server to edit the NGIX or Apache Settings, add the domain as a virtual host to the current virtual host of test2.de (if configured as such) then update the A record for test1.de to point to the IP address as test2.de.

Any other methods to keep the test1.de domain will required advanced configurations depending on how the network(s) is configured.

Back