• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Reverse Proxy

paoloperletti

New Pleskian
I'm migrating the sites from a server (A) to a another server (B). both with plesk.

The DNS still point to (A) and I want that (A) redirect the connections to (B)

should I use the reverse proxy? how?

After the websites are migrated, why would you not want to update DNS so that the new host delivers them?

I will migrate the dns, but they are more than 100 domains. not for all I have the dns management. My customers will not migrate all the dns at the same time and I have to migrate the server as soon as possible.

Are the nameservers they are currently using on a domain that you own? If so, point one nameserver to the new box, and one nameserver to the old box. Suspend the domain on the old server once migrated. You'll only have one nameserver responding at a time and upon completion you can update the second nameserver to point to the main box as well.

Well, it's not exactly a pretty solution but once migrated, you can add an additional nginx directive for the domain formatted about the following;

Code:
location ~ {
    proxy_pass http://X.X.X.X/$uri$is_args$args;
    proxy_set_header Host $host:$server_port;
}

Where X.X.X.X is new IP.

Doing this more then 100 times doesn't sound fun though..... how much data is on the server needing to be migrated?

Back