• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

reward: 50$ for anyone solving my problems (just those with the server)

M

manarak

reward: 50$ for anyone solving my problems (just those with the server - hehe)

This a consequence of me not solving the problems described in the other thread:
http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31858

So, I will pay 50$ to the person solving my problem.

Here is what happened:

The server has been running fine for several months, but had trouble with spf records. So I corrected these last week and at the same time fixed some DNS settings to comply with DNSreport.

All worked fine. The server has a hostname, 2 IPs, Plesk 7.5.4 on Fedora Core 2, Apache 2.

Then I did a yum update from ART (Atomic Rocket Turtle). I think mysql got updated among other things. I am not sure what got updated exactly.
=> Is there a command to see the history of what got updated through yum?

Then, the following things were not working correctly:

* Index.php and Index.html pages are not shown on some domains. Apache sends an unformatted http response back. This causes a "page unavailable" in the browser.
Other domains work fine with index.php and index.html files being correctly displayed and interpreted.

* MySQL access:
Some scripts work, some don't. Weird.
For example phpadsnew, aardvark toplists and oscommerce work without problems. Postnuke and phpMyAdmin have errors:

Postnuke:
All my Postnuke sites don't work. There is something special about them: all index.php files of postnuke sites are displayed as "page unavailable" in the browser. If I go to Plesk Panel and deactivate and reactivate the domain, the index.php gets executed and a database connection error is displayed. (Error 1045 access denied).
But when I connect to the console with the same credentials, I am allowed to login.
After some time, the page becomes "page unavailable" again. The Plesk panel action will work again for a limited time.

phpMyAdmin:
I installed a phpmyAdmin on my main domain some time ago. It was working correctly with all logins. With admin I could see all databases, including psa and mysql. I never made any changes to these databases.
Now, phpMyAdmin is behaving strange:
- with admin login, it accepts the login and everything works normally except I cannot see table data - I get a "page unavailable" (I think error 500?) in the frame where the browse data should be displayed. Executing a select statement yields the same result.
- with another login than admin, phpMyAdmin accepts the password, but throws back a "bla bla bla is not a valid mysql resource in script XY line 999..."
hmmmmmmm ??

I tried creating new db users from Plesk and accessing woith their credentials - same result.
I tried to run the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script, but it fixed nothing.
I then read about the problem with old_password. I checked all passwords in the user table. Their length was 16 for all, except those of the domain I did deactivate and reactivate. So there was no difference between working connections (for phpadsnew, oscommerce and toplists) and those not working (postnuke and phpmyAdmin).
I added old_passwords=1 in my.cnf but it didn't help.

You can see an example of a non-working page here: www.fab-quimper.com
my proxy tells me:
Server Error
The following error occurred:
Code:
 The server closed the connection while reading the response. Contact your system administrator. 
That would be an error 500 I guess.[/QUOTE]

I am now at work, without access to my server. I will be back at home in 10 hours (at 19:00 european continental time), but can give info through the forum.

SOLVED !

I removed mod_auth_mysql and everything is back to normal!

Originally posted by manarak
SOLVED !

I removed mod_auth_mysql and everything is back to normal!
Thanks for posting solution - would be great if more people who started threads in here did the same :D

Back