• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube stoped working "Connection to imap server failed"

No, default it uses ssl://localhost as server

That will never works as localhost has no valid ssl certificate.
The config needs changing to 'localhost' but every update of roundcube the new config file will break it back to ssl://localhost..

No, default it uses ssl://localhost as server

That will never works as localhost has no valid ssl certificate.
The config needs changing to 'localhost' but every update of roundcube the new config file will break it back to ssl://localhost..

Also, the default port is set to 993, which should be set to 143 when 'localhost' is being used.

Also, the default port is set to 993, which should be set to 143 when 'localhost' is being used.

True, and for the SMTP port 25 afcourse also for the IMAP I qoute out the ssl part with //
Dont think its needed als you change the server to localhost but thats what worked for me the first time.

Plesk really needs to fix this, not to happy about webmail breaking with every update.

True, and for the SMTP port 25 afcourse also for the IMAP I qoute out the ssl part with //
Dont think its needed als you change the server to localhost but thats what worked for me the first time.

Plesk really needs to fix this, not to happy about webmail breaking with every update.

While Plesk investigates I wrote a small Ansible playbook that 'fixes' the issue. Don't know if you're using Ansible, but here's the bash script ;).

sed -i.bak 's/993/143/g' /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/defaults.inc.php
sed -i.bak 's/465/587/g' /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/defaults.inc.php
sed -i.bak '142s/ssl:\/\/localhost/localhost/g' /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/defaults.inc.php
sed -i.bak '266s/ssl:\/\/localhost/tls:\/\/localhost/g' /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/defaults.inc.php
service postfix restart​

Webmail is still not working after I did your tweaks. It keeps saying Connection to IMAP server error.

All my customers are complaining. If I knew that upgrading to Plesk 17.8 will give me this much trouble I wound't had do it in the first place.

Webmail is still not working after I did your tweaks. It keeps saying Connection to IMAP server error.

All my customers are complaining. If I knew that upgrading to Plesk 17.8 will give me this much trouble I wound't had do it in the first place.

My I sugest that you give some more information? Did you try debug mode so you have some more information to share?
Also are you able to connect to imap with outlook/thunderbird/Live mail or anything else?

Did you also manualy check the defaults.inc.php to check if the settings are correct? Do not replace it with the file a few posts back as the new version of Roundcube added some modules witch are not in the old config file. Also you could try to go to updates & upgrades and remove Roundcube. Now check the folder for the defaults.inc.php, if its there remove it and then reinstall via updates & upgrades.

I tried all the fixes proposed here and roundcube is still saying "Imap server connection error" when trying to login. Is there anything more I can do to fix this?

Imap is working fine. Tried to connect from thunderbird and it works just fine. It seems to be roundcube.

Please read my post. Also said something about debug mode..

I'm going to remove roundcube and then manually delete files and try to reinstall. Will report back

Thanks, with te remove the files should be deleted automaticly from /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/..
If that doenst work, try adding the next rule to the end of the config.inc.php file

Code:
$config['debug_level'] = 4;

It will give more information on whats going on...

Also try to put your information in one post.. I'm now getting 3 e-mails about that you posted someting..

Back