• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Run PHP as User

meichr,

There were no Run PHP as user installations for OpenSUSE 11 yet, but we could carry on such installation for On Demand Support Engineer service fee.

Problem occured.

Hello,

I've been using this tool for around a year. and now the problem popped up...

One of resellers did create a domain, after which my apache did no start.

The problem appeared in invalid creation of asuser.conf file, which loked like this:

<IfModule itk.c>
AssignUserId psacln
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_ruid2.c>
<Location ~ ^(?!/plesk-stat/)>
RMode config
RUidGid psacln
RGroups psacln
</Location>
</IfModule>

as you can see.. the problem is that there was no user inside..maybe you got the ideas what could have happened?

Btw I have version:
Run PHP as User: 1.2.11

Maybe I have to update it? If so, how can I make it to not break anything.. ? :)

thank you

Hello,

I've been using this tool for around a year. and now the problem popped up...

One of resellers did create a domain, after which my apache did no start.

The problem appeared in invalid creation of asuser.conf file, which loked like this:

<IfModule itk.c>
AssignUserId psacln
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_ruid2.c>
<Location ~ ^(?!/plesk-stat/)>
RMode config
RUidGid psacln
RGroups psacln
</Location>
</IfModule>

as you can see.. the problem is that there was no user inside..maybe you got the ideas what could have happened?

Btw I have version:
Run PHP as User: 1.2.11

Maybe I have to update it? If so, how can I make it to not break anything.. ? :)

thank you

Yes, software update can help.
Current version is 1.3.6.
See also the documentation here.
You can create support tickets at our client area

Hello Eduard,

thanks for response. I have successfully update the software.
I'm sure it updated itself etc. but the problem seems to exists..

I trie disabled RunAsUser for this doamin, then enabling, etc - no luck.

I'm not sure why, but for this certain domenin, asuser.conf file created is bugged.

How I can try to help debugging this?

Thanks

Hello Eduard,

thanks for response. I have successfully update the software.
I'm sure it updated itself etc. but the problem seems to exists..

I trie disabled RunAsUser for this doamin, then enabling, etc - no luck.

I'm not sure why, but for this certain domenin, asuser.conf file created is bugged.

How I can try to help debugging this?

Thanks

Please read the reply in a private message.

Hi,

For those of us who are not terribly proficient with Plesk, are there more detailed installation instructions available anywhere?

Thanks!

DB

davidbilbrough,

Installation instruction at http://helixdevelopment.com/dl/rau/current/doc/ describes step by step installation process. No proficiency with Plesk is required, only basic Linux administration skills. If you are not sure or too busy we can install this addon for $29. We render services on Plesk servers security problems as well. We are ready to answer any concrete questions.

Installation service ($29.95) can be added when "Run PHP as User" is ordered.
On Demand Support Engineer: $50 (improve security, resolve issues, install additional software)

Not sure if this plugin works the way I had hoped it would.

I installed on server, and followed instructions for activation. Still, any files that are generated from PHP scripts within wordpress have username and group "apache" and are non-editable. Am I doing something wrong, or is this not the correct software to make the user/group of my WP files the same as the default user something other than "apache"?

davidbilbrough,

It's hard to tell what went wrong by your description. Possibly mod_ruid2 doesn't function, or FastCGI is turned on. You should register at our site and open a ticket and we shall try to help you. Meanwhile you can check if Run PHP as User
is working properly by running as root the following command for "ON" and "OFF" state:
# curl --interface lo your_domain/rau/id.php

Please tell us the results. We will be glad to help you.

The new version 1.3.7 of Run PHP as user is released.

The new version 1.3.7 of Run PHP as user is released.
Changes:
[+] GUI improvements
[+] Documentation changes

does this "Run PHP as User" support plesk 10.4.4

My OS is: CentOS Linux 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5 x86_64. Can the "Run PHP as User" work on my server?

The new version 1.3.8 of Run PHP as User is released.

The new version 1.3.8 of Run PHP as User is released.
Changes:
[+] Run PHP as User is turned on when for a new subdomain created (one should do auto_on first).
[+] Event Handler clearing error for Debian is fixed.

The new version 1.3.10 of Run PHP as User is released

The new version 1.3.10 of Run PHP as User is released.
Changes:
[+] Mod_ruid2 installation is checked during Run PHP as User installation.
[+] Event Handlers for (sub)domain creation and modification adapted for Plesk 10.4.4

The new version 1.3.11 of Run PHP as User is released

It is strongly recommended to upgrade to this version especially Plesk 10.4.4 users.

Changes:
[+] Event Handlers identification by name

Our clients use WordPress with secure settings and the following improvements:

* You don't need anymore 777 permissions for files and directories.
* Any file or directory is available for FTP access.
* None of files and directories are owned by Apache, so other virtual hosts can't read/write files here.

Also sftp can be configured on Plesk servers to encrypt FTP access.
PHP scripts or data files are available with our solution even with permissions 400 or 600, PHP directories are available with permissions 700. Be careful, because HTML files and images still require 644 permissions, and their directories should be chmod'ed as 755. The directory httpdocs itself in Plesk should be owned as FTP_USER:psaserv, 750.

These hints should be enough. Let us know if more detailed instructions can be useful for Wordpress. You can also order our installation / server administration services if you are interested.

Last edited:
Are we sure it needs to be chown ftpusername:psaserve ?
Currently all my accounts are ftpusername:psacln

Doesn't it matter?
-t

Back