• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Scheduled Backup failed with an archiver error

bre2ake

New Pleskian
Hiho,

since i have upgrade from 12.0.18 to 12.5.30 #Update3 the scheduled backup task failes with an archiver error.
I use Plesk under a Windows Server 2012 R2 x64, the System is up to date and all running smooth and fine.
Its only the scheduled backup what is failed. If i start a manual backup its created completly and without errors.

I have looked in the logfiles but there is no further information of the error like it stays in plesk backup manager itself.

Here are the "error":

[2015-09-26 23:53:07.825|3632] Warning: 358a8bdf-0d67-431d-a415-622bc33ca633 Cannot dump domain hosting settings ( Repository error: Archiver error: unable to pack D:/Inetpubs/vhosts\******. Archive creation failed. See logged errors for more information )
[2015-09-26 23:53:07.856|3632] Warning: Exception ignored ( psadumpagent.SilentException: Skip permission with unsupported name allow_license_stubs ---> System.ArgumentException: Der angeforderte Wert "allow_license_stubs" konnte nicht gefunden werden. bei System.Enum.EnumResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument) bei System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult) bei System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase) bei psa9dumpagent.PSADumpObject.parsePermission(String permName, String permValue) --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung --- bei psa9dumpagent.PSADumpObject.parsePermission(String permName, String permValue) bei psa9dumpagent.PSADumpObject.getPermissions(String permId) )

I have also looked at the kb articels but i dont found a solution for this. What can i do to solve this?

Hi bre2ake,

the setting "allow_license_stubs" ( possible setting is "true" or "false" ) can be set to "allow the owner of a subscritpion to install APS apps using licenses from the license bundle".

Please see as a reference:

You could try to set the specific definition with the command:

"%plesk_cli%"\subscription_settings.exe -u example.com -allow_license_stubs true
or
"%plesk_cli%"\subscription_settings.exe -u example.com -allow_license_stubs false

... and try to backup the domain again, to see if that works for you.... or you wait untill the next scheduled backup to run, to see if the suggestion solved your issue.

Hi bre2ake,

the setting "allow_license_stubs" ( possible setting is "true" or "false" ) can be set to "allow the owner of a subscritpion to install APS apps using licenses from the license bundle".

Please see as a reference:

You could try to set the specific definition with the command:

"%plesk_cli%"\subscription_settings.exe -u example.com -allow_license_stubs true
or
"%plesk_cli%"\subscription_settings.exe -u example.com -allow_license_stubs false

... and try to backup the domain again, to see if that works for you.... or you wait untill the next scheduled backup to run, to see if the suggestion solved your issue.

Hi UFHH01,

if i use these commands in the WPS i become an error message like this:

In Zeile:1 Zeichen:14
+ "%plesk_cli%"\subscription_settings.exe -u trenac.eu -allow_license_stubs true
Unerwartetes Token "\subscription_settings.exe" in Ausdruck oder Anweisung.
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: :)) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

Its the first time for me that i use the new WPS. If i will switch directly to the plesk install folder the WPS tell me its not found?
Can u please give me an little shortcut to solve this?

Is your computer connected to domain?

Hi Dmitry Y.,

i dont understand what you exactly mean with youre question?
On my Server i run 3 Domains, 1 is an forwarding domain that will "switch" to the 2. one.
The 2. one is normaly avalaible over the www and my main Domain which is also set as my personal webspace is also avalaible over the www and is set to Hostname on the server.

If i start an complete server Backup manualy its all fine and completly created. only the sheduled Backup failes with the archiver error.

Hi bre2ake,

In Zeile:1 Zeichen:14
+ "%plesk_cli%"\subscription_settings.exe -u trenac.eu -allow_license_stubs true
Unerwartetes Token "\subscription_settings.exe" in Ausdruck oder Anweisung.
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: :)) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

Its the first time for me that i use the new WPS. If i will switch directly to the plesk install folder the WPS tell me its not found?
Can u please give me an little shortcut to solve this?

If you experience issues, when using shortcuts like "%plesk_cli%", please consider to locate the command on your server and use the full path, as for example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\subscription_settings.exe" -u trenac.eu -allow_license_stubs true

You will use such command line utilities directly on your server, using a RDP - connection from your local computer to your server. After your remote desktop connection has been established, you could open "cmd.exe" on the server and type in the desired commands.

Hi bre2ake,
If you experience issues, when using shortcuts like "%plesk_cli%", please consider to locate the command on your server and use the full path, as for example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin\subscription_settings.exe" -u trenac.eu -allow_license_stubs true
You will use such command line utilities directly on your server, using a RDP - connection from your local computer to your server. After your remote desktop connection has been established, you could open "cmd.exe" on the server and type in the desired commands.

Hi UFHH01,

oh i have to use the cmd.exe. i have done this with the windows powershell and there i become the error that i have posted in my last post.

Now i had use the cmd.exe with the shortcut and the full path, but now i become an other error.
Unrecognized option: '-allow_license_stubs'

Unrecognized option: '-allow_license_stubs'

Are you sure, that your upgrade to Plesk 12.5 went through with no issues? The option "-allow_license_stubs" is a new option at Plesk 12.5, as you can see:

Using license bundles (web app licenses associated with a Plesk license)
Could you try to use "admin.exe --update -allow_license_stubs true" and reply if this command works for you? If yes, please try again your previous "subscription_settings.exe" - command.

If this doesn't work for you, or if you experience issues, please consider to use the powerfull repair utility:

To list all possible commands, please use:

repair.exe --help

In case that the suggestions doesn't help to solve your issue, please reply again and ask for further help, or consider opening a support - ticket ( Odin - Support )

Are you sure, that your upgrade to Plesk 12.5 went through with no issues? The option "-allow_license_stubs" is a new option at Plesk 12.5, as you can see:

Could you try to use "admin.exe --update -allow_license_stubs true" and reply if this command works for you? If yes, please try again your previous "subscription_settings.exe" - command.

If this doesn't work for you, or if you experience issues, please consider to use the powerfull repair utility:

To list all possible commands, please use:

repair.exe --help

In case that the suggestions doesn't help to solve your issue, please reply again and ask for further help, or consider opening a support - ticket ( Odin - Support )
Yes i am sure that the upgrade process from 12.0 to 12.5 went through with no issues!
I have run the admin.exe, but it gives me the same error: Unrecognized option: '-allow_license_stubs'.

The repair.exe i have run too, but this is also not working for me.

Can it possibly be because I have neither the Plesk Migration and Transfer Manager and Plesk Migrator installed?

Hi bre2ake,

sorry... I have no further suggestions how to solve your issue on a windows server. Maybe another forum-user is able to suggest something usefull.

Never mind the following error:
Warning: Exception ignored ( psadumpagent.SilentException: Skip permission with unsupported name allow_license_stubs
It means that such permission does not supported in Plesk 12.5 and will be ignored on backup

Really usefull is the following error:
[2015-09-26 23:53:07.825|3632] Warning: 358a8bdf-0d67-431d-a415-622bc33ca633 Cannot dump domain hosting settings ( Repository error: Archiver error: unable to pack D:/Inetpubs/vhosts\******. Archive creation failed. See logged errors for more information )
It means some critical error occured on domain content archiving.
I asked you is your server is a part of Windows domain managed by domain controller or it is a part of workgroup? It was found an issue PPP-17697 for such case.
Could you enable debug logging and repeat backup to obtain more details about error? (http://kb.odin.com/en/120101)

To workaround archiver error you can switch to another archiver - edit your %plesk_dir%\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli-rc
Find and uncomment parameter ARCHIVER_LIBRARY and replace its value to ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
Please notify me if it helps.

Hi,

sry that i answer so late. but i have checked and tested many things.
The Server is a part of a workgroup.

i have enabled the debug logging, but where can i find the log that whas created?

For now i have changed the archiver to ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll and it works correctly.

Thanks for youre help.

%plesk_dir%\PMM\logs\backup-*
But to reproduce the issue you should change ARCHIVER_LIBRARY back to pmmarchover.dll or simply comment this parameter

Thanks i have found an log of an scheduled backup that whas failed with the archiver error.
I have upload the two logs on this post.

Hope that will help you and me ;)

Attachments

• backup-2015-10-07-15-30-23-400.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 1
that is curios, because in the backup manager i have an notice that the scheduled backup is failed with the archiver error.
the webspace is around 13.6 GB and the failed backup has an file size around 800 KB.

i do only complete backups as scheduled.

Back