• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Scheduled backup fails on Plesk 10.4.4 Update #52

SujithM

New Pleskian
Hi

My scheduled backups were working perfectly since the last Plesk update - 10.4.4 Update #52, which was updated at June 28, 2013 05:10 AM. After this, backup throws an error - Error: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I am unable to trace this issue out and is now very critical for me to fix it. Can you please help me to solve this?

Note: My server is Microsoft Windows 6.1;build-7601;sp1.0;suite272;product3

Thanks & Regards

Sujith

Make sure that plesk_agent_manager.exe file exists in %plesk_bin% folder.

Make sure that plesk_agent_manager.exe file exists in %plesk_bin% folder.

Hi IgorG, Thanks for your quick response. I am unable to find "plesk_agent_manager.exe" in my %plesk_bin% folder... :S.

Update: I looked for "plesk_agent_manager.exe" in the server and found one at "C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.4.4\microupdates\MU2\panel\bin". I copied it to %plesk_bin% and backups are running properly.

Thank you very much for your guidance

Regards

Sujith

Last edited:
Hi, i have a problem related to same patch. i have brand new vps server running windows server 2008 r2 x64 and plesk 10.4.4.

with #52 patch, first i had problem because it said "another installer is running", i killed ai.exe and then restarted update.
but now it fails with this error:

Error: can't apply patch panel-10.4.4~patch52
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at copy file C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.4.4\microupdates\MU5\common\admin\bin\plesk_agent_manager.exe to C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\.aiupd_5817\plesk_agent_manager.exe.new

i have plesk_agent_manager.exe in %plesk_bin% but, looking at task manager, it doesn't appear.
Tried to restart server/plesk services but still same problem..

if i stop all plesk services.... i can't access panel and start update

thank you

You can download autoinstaller binary file ai.exe from http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/10.4.4/Windows/ai.exe on server

Run it and start update.

Thank you for your kind response.

But, honestly, i had very bad luck with plesk updates:
- when plesk 10.4.4 with patch #52, ended with errors i wrote before, after reboot, i had lot of errors in panel when adding new domains.
- i restored original VPS state and tried to update from 10.4.4 to 11.5.30..... horde stopped working but fixed it... then mysql stopped working...
i get angry and so, at the end, i restored original VPS state and i will never update plesk again.

We are lucky that is still a development server but, in a month, there will be about 150 domains... and i'm pretty sure that, updating plesk, will lead to disaster

Btw your exe, allow me to update to 11.5.30 version.. i can't install only patch #52

Btw your exe, allow me to update to 11.5.30 version.. i can't install only patch #52

Is there third button 'Update components' is available/enabled in ai.exe ?

like attached screenshot of ai.exe:

ai-updates-are-available.png

or like here(GUI is depend of AI version):

ai-update-components.png

Last edited:
hmmm.... stopped plesk services, launched the exe you suggested but still same error:

Error: can't apply patch panel-10.4.4~patch56
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at copy file C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.4.4\microupdates\MU5\common\admin\bin\plesk_agent_manager.exe to C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\.aiupd_22780\plesk_agent_manager.exe.new
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

i would like to attach the log file but i see that, with chrome, this forum works fine like plesk (sarcasm)

Could you please check in Task manager that plesk_agent_manager.exe is actually not running (that there is no process with such name)?

If server restart is possible for you, try to install microupdates after server restart.

already did on friday and also now: stopped services, restarted server, stopped again services, no trace of that exe in task manager ---> same error

Hi,

I am seeing the same error message when I try and run a manual or scheduled backup.

OS Microsoft Windows 6.1;build-7601;sp1.0;suite1296;product3
Panel version 10.4.4 Update #56, last updated at Sept 27, 2013 05:44 AM

I have searched my server and I cannot find "plesk_agent_manager.exe" in any folder, anywhere.

On the forums I have found a similar thread which pointed me to: D:\Plesk\PMM\logs\pmmcli.log
Which has some error details from around the right times:

584: 2013-09-28 09:01:05,591 DEBUG --> <pmmcli.MakeDumpAction object at 0x022CC6B0>
4584: 2013-09-28 09:01:05,591 INFO stdin: <backup-task-description><misc backup-profile-name="inspired_Test" owner-guid="E5834F85-8FDA-451A-9FD1-706F8EAB8126" owner-type="server" verbose-level="5"/><dumps-storage-credentials storage-type="local"><root-dir>D:\Plesk\DATA\Backup\</root-dir></dumps-storage-credentials><backup-specification><backup-options type="full" compression-level="standard" suspend="false" mail-to="[email protected]" description="Domain backup.
Creation date: Sep 28, 2013 09:00 AM"/><object-to-backup type="domain" id="46" name="domain2.com"/></backup-specification></backup-task-description>
4584: 2013-09-28 09:01:05,591 INFO Packet succesfully validated.
4584: 2013-09-28 09:01:05,591 DEBUG <pmmcli.ActionRunner object at 0x022CC490>: doActivity
4584: 2013-09-28 09:01:05,668 CRITICAL Runtime error in pmmcli:
<type 'exceptions.WindowsError'> [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 2203, in main
data_action_response, errcode_response, error_message = actions.get(sys.argv[1][2:])(parameters)
File "D:\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 2076, in make_dump
return ActionRunner(MakeDumpAction, backup_task_description, None).doActivity()
File "D:\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 150, in doActivity
result = self.processor.doActivity()
File "D:\Plesk\admin\share\pmmcli\pmmcli.py", line 1252, in doActivity
subprocess = cmd.asyncSpawn()
File "D:\Plesk\admin\lib\python\subproc.py", line 292, in asyncSpawn
keepStderr = keepStderr)
File "D:\Plesk\admin\lib\python\subproc.py", line 73, in __init__
self.__forkexec()
File "D:\Plesk\admin\lib\python\subproc.py", line 127, in __forkexec
self.__process = subprocess.Popen(self.__get_cmd(), stdin = _stdin , stdout = self.__stdout, stderr = self.__stderr, env = self.__env, universal_newlines = True)
File "D:\Plesk\admin\lib\python\compat\subprocess.py", line 594, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "D:\Plesk\admin\lib\python\compat\subprocess.py", line 816, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

4584: 2013-09-28 09:01:05,668 INFO Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<errcode>1001</errcode>
<errmsg>[Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified</errmsg>
</response>

Anyone at plesk have any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

Just an FYI, I recently had a failed update to Plesk 10.4.4 MU#57 due to the same "plesk_agent_manager.exe" file missing.
After much testing, I found that our Antivirus (NOD32 and also ESET File Security) was silently deleting the files as it was detected as infected.
I had to an an exclusion for the file before we were able to update the panel successfully.

Code:
Error: can't apply patch panel-10.4.4~patch57
The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at copy file C:\cde44aff732525f488529a8b7865680d\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.4.4\microupdates\MU5\common\admin\bin\plesk_agent_manager.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin.aiupd_31028\plesk_agent_manager.exe.new
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Back