• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Scheduled Backups running at wrong time

KirkM

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7 (Stone Smilodon)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian Version 18.0.48
Updated Obsidian 18.0.47 to 18.0.48 and then did a full server backup to remote FTP before doing a kernel update. Been lucky for a couple of years with kernel updates but not this time. Server completely crashed. After all night on the rescue console, I gave up and re-imaged the server and restored the backup. Used CLI dnf to make sure all was up to date and then re-configured all domains' DNSSEC since Plesk doesn't back up the signature, so you have to start from scratch. (This is a shortcoming that should be addressed.) Everything in Plesk was brought up to date and is working normally.

The problem now is that the full server scheduled backups AND the subscription backups run at the wrong time. I checked system time, synced hwclock and triple-checked both of them and they are correct. It looks like the subscription times are running 5 hours too early and the full server backup is running about 9 hours too early. At first I thought maybe they were ignoring the system / hwclock and were stuck on UTC but neither of these are right if that were the case. The server is in PST (GMT - 8:00). I tried stopping crond, killing backupmng tasks by pid and restarting crond but that didn't have any effect.

Anything else I should try or look for?

Thanks

@yborzykina Thanks for your reply.

I did do a quick check of global timezone with phpMyAdmin when this started and it looked ok:
@@global.time_zone
SYSTEM
I then checked the server time from the CLI just to make sure it was set correctly:

[root@secure ~]# date Tue Nov 22 10:14:23 PST 2022

So I left that and started looking elsewhere. I should have done a SELECT NOW() to check the actual mysql server time. It shows:
2022-11-22 18:14:23

So it looks like mysql server is still on GMT even though the system time and hwclock are on PST and the mysql config is set to SYSTEM TIME. I shouldn't have to set it explicitly in my.cnf, should I? I have never had a mysql time sync problem like this before.

Today's backups did run at exactly 8 hours too early so they are definitely running on GMT and not PST. Even the scheduler shows it should be running on PST:
1669141506746.png
Here is the resulting backup done 8 hours too early:
1669141605571.png
Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I fixed it by restarting mariadb a couple of times. It didn't seem to do anything before but now it appears in sync. Very strange behavior of this server since the re-image and restore. Thanks for your help.

Back