• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Scheduled task permanent for Website

Techtoox

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I have a question about a script (The script was included in a HTML file) that I have to run permanently on the Plesk server.

I have to set up an HTML file, i.e. a website that stays open permanently. It is roughly as if the Plesk server has the website open all the time, even if I am not on the site myself with my browser. The Plesk server should always have the homepage open.

The reason for this is an internal company test due to load access times and more .... So we have to simulate that the page is always open and stays open.

Is there a solution for this?

There is no such thing like "always open" pages. A page is a piece of text that is downloaded by the browser. The transaction is the download and maybe some script execution on the server, but once the page is downloaded, the process ends and there is no connection to the server.

I think what you want to do is to either dynamically reload data from the server, e.g. by using a JavaScript timeout function in the context of AJAX requests to the server and a script on the backend that delivers the desired data. But that's a software programming task that is totally unrelated to the server or Plesk.

Back