• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue scheduled tasks commands not found

dither

New Pleskian
Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Web Admin Edition - OS: ‪Debian 8.7

I'm trying to run a bash script from scheduled tasks and I received the following errors
date: not found
mysqldump: not found
find: not found

I have tried issuing the commands with /usr/bin/ and without but they still fail. The same script runs fine on older Plesk 12.5.x Web Pro Edition.

Hi dither,

to locate the correct path to the executables, you can use "which":

Example:
Code:
which date

If you can't find ( standart ) commands, pls. consider to (RE-)INSTALL them with apt/aptitude on Debian/Ubuntu based systems. ;)

I don’t think It's a system problem, the commands work just fine from shell and they reside normally at /usr/bin/. Plus it's a brand new installation. Somehow the plesk's domain user cannot access the commands outside the domain's jailed environment. Although the same configuration works just fine on my other server with plesk Web Pro Edition.

Hi dither,

I personally think that thoughts and sentences like "Although the same configuration works just fine on my other server ..." will not help you to investigate an issue/error/problem on your server - but FACTS and log - entries, as well as configuration files will definetly help to investigate the root cause of your described issue. ;)

Pls. keep in mind, that you are able to control possible executables in a chrooted environement at: "/var/www/vhosts/chroot/bin" and additional executables can be added with the help of the following KB - article:

=> [HOWTO] How to add new programs to a chrooted shell environment template

Back