• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Second Storage/Hosted Path for Site

theywill

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.43 Update #1
I have a web site that is working as defined within Plesk. The drive/mtn/partition that this site and Plesk is stored on is roughly 250gb. However, this site needs about 2TB of space for all of its multi-media galleries. The server has a second drive with enough storage, and I tried a symbolic link to a folder on the second drive from within the file structure, but neither FTP, nor the gallery management app (within Wordpress) can read/write to this directory/link, even though the permissions are the same.

Any ideas for a method to extend the storage/hosting of this site to the second drive in a way that's usable by FTP and Wordpress?

Thanks for your help.

Any ideas for a method to extend the storage/hosting of this site to the second drive in a way that's usable by FTP and Wordpress?
This could work with a fuse mount where a directory is (re)mounted elsewhere. Because it is a real mount, there are no issues with chroot.

It looks like I've found the solution (from another sys admin).

mount --bind /source/folder/path /destination/path

I found this question asked once before without an answer on this forum. So hopefully this helps.

Back