• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Secure all domains:8443

jonny_alex

Basic Pleskian
Hey Guys

I recently ran into some issues, when my customers tried to access their Plesk, they always got a Page wich says: Not Secured page (because my servers Certificate is made for the servername:8443)

Can i use different Certificates to provide a secure connection with all pages :8443?

Greets

Hi jonny_alex,

pls. be informed, that your domain - specific certificates, have got nothing to do with the Plesk Control Panel certificate, as the Plesk Control Panel uses its very own webserver and not the serverwide ones apache + nginx, which are installed on your server.

So the answer to your question is: Yes!

Pls. read for example:

Hi jonny_alex,

or did i do something wrong maybe?
I'm sorry, but I couldn't investigate, if there has been a mistake with you configuration, as you don't provide anything helpfull to investigate and you didn't include your FQDN either. :(

There is as well another official Plesk Knowledge-Base article, how you are able to secure your Plesk Control Panel with a free Let's Encrypt certificate... may this helps you to reach your goal?

I guess my fqdn is srv01.hiba.ch

Now i would like to have that every users website can access my server, without getting the message that it's not a secured connection.

Fore example: I got the Domain nail-barbara.ch on my server, now she wants to access Plesk throug https://nail-babarara.ch:8443
Then she gets notified that there wasn't found a valid certificate for the ssl connection.

If i try to access without ssl it won't even show me any page.

Myght that provided more infos?

Back