• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Segmentation Faults in the log after plesk update

EricVis

Basic Pleskian
Plesk 11.0.9 Update #53
CentOS 6, all standard configuration

I have updated plesk from MU#51 to MU#53 and right after that I see segmentation faults in the logwatch, it happens 1-2 times per day, everything seems to work properly at this moment so this faults must be single requests
Any idea why this is happening?

--------------------- Kernel Begin ------------------------
WARNING: Segmentation Faults in these executables
php-cgi : 1 Time(s)
---------------------- Kernel End -------------------------

Last version of microupdate is MU#55.
It is very difficult to troubleshoot Segmetation fault issues with discussions on forum. Therefore I suggest you contact Support Team. Experienced guys will check and investigate this issue directly on your server and find reason and solution.

Last version of microupdate is MU#55.
It is very difficult to troubleshoot Segmetation fault issues with discussions on forum. Therefore I suggest you contact Support Team. Experienced guys will check and investigate this issue directly on your server and find reason and solution.

my plesk doesnt see MU55 yet... does it check every week?

Just install it manually with

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Just install it manually with

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

I have 11.0.9 and I can see 11.5 upgrade in plesk, jus not MU updates.
I DO NOT want to do 11.5 upgrade, is it safe to update manually this way?

Yes, this command will update your installation in scope of current release (i.e., Plesk 11.0.9) by installing only latest MU.

IMHO, it is preferable to replace --install-component base with --upgrade-installed-components to keep your installation up-to-date package-wise (e.g., install any updates to system components as well).

Also note that MU updates in Autoinstaller are only shown as updates to base component within the current version.

Back