• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Selinux shows warnings in centOS

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
System: CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 (Core)‬ with Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11

with yum update I get this warnings
ValueError: SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed.
warning: %postun(bind-32:9.9.4-72.el7.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Non-fatal POSTUN scriptlet failure in rpm package 32:bind-9.9.4-72.el7.x86_64

OSError: No such file or directory
warning: %posttrans(bind-32:9.9.4-73.el7_6.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Non-fatal POSTTRANS scriptlet failure in rpm package 32:bind-9.9.4-73.el7_6.x86_64

So I take a look in selinux config "/etc/selinux/config" its disabled by default
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
# enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
# permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
# disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
# targeted - Targeted processes are protected,
# minimum - Modification of targeted policy. Only selected processes are protected.
# mls - Multi Level Security protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

# rpm -qa | grep selinux
selinux-policy-devel-3.13.1-229.el7_6.9.noarch
selinux-policy-targeted-3.13.1-229.el7_6.9.noarch
libselinux-python-2.5-14.1.el7.x86_64
selinux-policy-3.13.1-229.el7_6.9.noarch
libselinux-2.5-14.1.el7.x86_64
libselinux-utils-2.5-14.1.el7.x86_64
psa-selinux-17.8.11-cos7.build1708181031.14.noarch

What can I do to fix the yum warnings?

Just for reference in case anyone else comes across this post looking for an answer...

I also got this error running a YUM update:

"
OSError: No such file or directory
warning: %posttrans(bind-32:9.9.4-73.el7_6.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Non-fatal POSTTRANS scriptlet failure in rpm package 32:bind-9.9.4-73.el7_6.x86_64
"

Bind did work without issue after the update.

Googling suggests this is a bug with SELinux and occurs if SELinux is installed but not enabled - related links:

Oracle Linux 7.6 - bind package update error | Oracle Community
1633108 – yum --installroot=/tmp/XXXXXX , ValueError: SELinux policy is not managed, rpmbooleans.custom: No such file or directory
Warnings after CentOS upgrade

General advice seems to be the error can be safely ignored if your not using SELinux, 48 hours on from the update - I have not seen any issues on a busy server with 300+ web hosting / email accounts.

Thanks
Rob

Back