• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Send mail using a site Not hosted on Plesk.

hasaanch

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.61 Update #5
Hi there,
I want to use my Plesk server as a mail server.
I am using WordPress websites, which require sending emails. Before, I used MailJet (a service similar to SendGrid) as my SMTP service.
I can send emails fine from the sites that are hosted on My Plesk server.

These are the steps I am following for sending emails from Non-Hosted Sites.

1. Add Domain in Plesk. (Not changing the A record to Plesk)
2. In Mail Options enabling both outgoing and incoming.
3. Create a mail address in Mail Accounts.
4. Using my primary domain as an SMTP host (mail.domain.com) that resolves to the server, SPF records are configured. TLSA records are configured. (I am using the same SMTP host for hosted sites and mails are working fine there).
5. Use the Mail Account username and password for authentication.

When I try to send mail, it gives a timeout and never connects to the server.
I tried adding the IP of the non-hosted site to the Whitelist but got the same result.

4. Using my primary domain as an SMTP host (mail.domain.com) that resolves to the server, SPF records are configured. TLSA records are configured. (I am using the
Instead of using the primary domain a SMTP host, try using the hostname of your Plesk server as SMTP host.

Did you (double) check that the ports (465 and/or 587) are open on both servers? Did you test whether or not you can manually make a connection to the Plesk server with an email client (Outlook, Thunderbird or the mail app on your phone) with the same user credentials?

Did you (double) check that the ports (465 and/or 587) are open on both servers? Did you test whether or not you can manually make a connection to the Plesk server with an email client (Outlook, Thunderbird or the mail app on your phone) with the same user credentials?
Yes, I am sending mails from my other domains that are hosted on plesk using port 587.
For the non-hosted site I tried sending mails using MailJet on port 587 and it worked fine but same timeout when tried my own server.

Back