• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sendmail to Plesk

C

CedL

I own 500+ sendmail account on 2 servers and want to switch them on Plesk 9.2.2. I want know if they exist, somewhere, some scrypt to transfer them or is exist anyway to do it ?

Thank you

Suppouse you mean transferring form sendmail to qmail format.
I made it some months ago; the main difference is that qmail sets each received mail in a separate folder meanwhile sendmail is a single file which adds new mails to the end.
Found there are several tools to break the sendmail file into each folder but the one which worked for me was 'mb2md' in perl. (google it, there are several sources).
There's no automated way to do this - or at least didn't find any - you have to break the mail file and then move the output into the owner's folder, so ask the users to empty their mail files as the less you have to transfer the better.
Something else to consider is that file ownerships are also different is qmail (popuser:popuser)
Hope this helps.

saludos,

I'm ok with the mailbox migrate parts. My real problem is with the user and password part. I don't want to recreate all user manually then re set their password.

Is exist anyway to take the password in /etc/shadow and put it in plesk account table ?

No, sorry; at least I didn't find it.
I didn't have much time to migrate so what I did was recreate users and set a general passwd (12345) letting know site owners how each user could log in and each one of them reset their own passwd.

saludos,

Back