• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question SEO Toolkit is wrong about keywords

Are keyword important?

• Total voters

josie333

Basic Pleskian
The SEO Toolkit contains an SEO Advisor and for one of my domains it declares the following as a task to complete to be regarded as more SEO friendly
------
Delete the Meta-Keywords.

Meta-Keywords used to be very important for search engines, as they were meant to help the search engine to classify the site correctly. However, in the past Meta-Keywords were also misused to rank for non-relevant keywords. At this point, no search engine supports Meta-Keywords anymore, therefore rendering them obsolete. In order to keep the source code as optimized as possible, you can neglect the input of Meta-Keywords accordingly.
------

This is completely at odds with everything else I have read and understood on the tricky subject of SEO
I would like to hear an explanation of this statement because as far as I'm concerned it is plain wrong.

Even though Google no longer supports meta tags, you can still use it, but it won't be as effective as it used to be. Yes, meta tags used to be very important, but now there are much more efficient systems. If you want to promote your site, then it is worth resorting to other methods. For example, buying ads on third-party projects or improving your SEO. You can check out SEO statistics 2020 for a more detailed understanding of how your website is improving. This service helped me a lot in order to increase the traffic of my site. I hope this article will be as useful to you as it is to me. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back