• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Joomla Toolkit - picks wrong user as "super-user"

ThiloS

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi there, i have around 100 websites based on Joomla on a plesk system.
Most of them installed by the plesk aps - system.

Usually, i set up a new site for a customer with my Joomla "super-user"-account. When a site is finished, i add other "manager"-accounts for the customer.

A few months ago i installed the joomla-toolkit.

For a reason i don't know the joomla-toolkit picks just any account, and tries to update extensions then with a "manager"-account which is just not possible.
Even displaying outdated extensions won't work - cause the toolkit tries this operation as well with an account, which doesn't have the privileges to do so.

On a site with hundreds of accounts - i just cannot make out, which account the toolkit uses?

So wouldn't it the right way for the toolkit to chose the lowest USER-ID in Joomla and take this ID as the super-user account?
[which it definitely doesn't right now]

Or at least - to check if an account is a super-user at all?

In my case now i have 100 webpages were the toolkit tries, to update extensions with the wrong user-account.

Is there a way i can assign manually the account for the tookit?

Or is it possible to add the feature to chose the main-account in the toolkit?

Hi Peter,

i'm on a hosted server by Host-Europe - so i don't have a special single license for the toolkit (which is a needed factor for the direct support).

A ticket via HE to Plesk had the effect, that Plesk told HE, that i have to give the (actual wrong) user-accounts Super-Admin rights, to fix the problem...

is there another way to get direct contact to a professional at "plesk joomla toolkit"?

If you got your Plesk license trough your provider (as bundle with your VPS for example) then it doesn't included direct support from Plesk. However that doesn't mean you can't get direct support from Plesk. You'll have to get a separate support subscription for your server, of which the first month is free. All is explained in the link below.

Last edited:
Back