• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Serice Pack 1?

U

usbusi

Has anyone had any problems after installing windows 2003 service pack 1?

if u are using merak i dont advice you to install SP1, our merak integration corrupted after SP1

knocx

The new enhanced security model in SP1 for 2k3 fubar'd all of my plesk services. After the upgrade, all the services failed with "access is denied" errors. I had to do a full reinstall and restore of PSA and that didn't even fix all of the problems. Now Spamassassin and ClamAV don't work.

Yes, everything works fine if you install 7.5 AFTER you upgrade a clean 2k3 server to SP1.

The "firewall" had nothing to do with my bout with the new security model for files and services running on the server. Apparently it locks down service permissions, and in my case, trashed the registry entries for all of my PSA services. I had to remove all signs of PSA from the registry to get it to reinstall properly.

ClamAV, although it installs on its own, still cant get the service to start.

The MTA pickup event gets Error Code 5 when trying to execute, meaning it can't run an email through SA..

Since everything works right now, I am waiting till I get another server racked and restore into 7.5.

I'm installed Plesk 7.5 and SP1 after it - all works fine (ClamAV too)

I just got a fresh server with Windows 2003 Sp1 and plesk 7.5.4, I was wondering what version and distribution and ClamAV are you guys using.

I used SOSDG clamav-devel in my old server with plesk 7.0.3 and had a pretty good experience with it, it stopped working when i tried to update and use versions above clamav-0.85.1-2 though, so I stuck with that version and it worked perfectly for some time, latelly i've seen some of the latest worms not being detected. I really dont know why the newer versions didn't work for me, but i guess its probably related to plesk 7.0.3.

Any advice? shoudl i go for the latest SOSDG release? or shoudl I try other distributions like clamwin?

Thanks in Advance

-Andres

Back